Recently I posted on the Component of a Cigarette or what a stick of cigarette really contains because everyday I walk down streets here in Nigeria, I discovered it is no more a surprise seeing a lighted stick of Cigarette in the hands of a Nigerian; adults, youths even teenagers. It is now a way of Life!
This has prompted me to research, edit and write more on Smoking and today I want to share another piece of information with you.
Just some five reasons Smoking should not be an option in your Life.
If you are coming across this for the first time dear reader, you can just take some of your time to read through this
First of all, it is important to note that smoking is bad for all, young or old.
Almost everyone knows that smoking causes cancer, emphysema, and heart disease; that it can shorten your life by 10 years or more and the habit can cost a smoker thousands of Naira a year.
This article is focusing on its disadvantages for young people and Below are a list of reasons that smoking is bad for you:
1. Money; No matter how much of it you have, there is no need throwing it away on cigarettes.
Why don’t you try saving up the amount you spend weekly on cigarettes on something else, you will surprised at how much it will amount to. So take pity on your wallet and spend wisely, not on cigarettes.
2. Body Fitness; Your athletic ability is also adversely affected, the more you smoke the less you are able to keep your body fit. Smokers run slower and can’t run as far, its like being old before you’re old. They also sweat profusely after doing very little physical exertion. So if you want to stay fit for longer, stay away from cigarettes.
3. Healthy Mind; It takes just 8 seconds for nicotine from cigarettes to reach your brain and change the way it works. Although scientists aren’t totally sure why yet, one study found that teens who smoke a lot are 15 times more likely to have panic attacks than teens who don’t smoke.
Teen smokers also are more likely to have anxiety disorders and depression.
4. Your Future; Taking your future seriously is something you need to do right now, so carrying a bad habit into the future is not a good idea. Apart from changes in your physical appearance, body, mind and finances, cigarettes can kill you, this is a medical fact.
Blackened lungs, breathing problems and kidney and liver diseases is closely linked to cigarette smoking.
5. Addiction; An addiction to cigarettes is not something you want to add to your life at this stage. Do not be deceived, cigarettes contain nicotine, which is highly addictive, and it takes rehab most times to stop once addicted, so why put yourself through such trouble, when it can be easily avoided in the first place.
I hope this blesses you.
Please help promote the Campaign against Smoking and encourage a Healthy Living.