When it comes to opportunities, you cannot define which suits you until you have identified it.
Opportunities are defined by your Call according to His purpose.
Let me dwell a bit on this. I have come across series and various opportunities that seem to have seeds of greatness in them, let me use Writing as an instance. There are types or categories of writing and I can write well enough ranging from the Scripture to Imaginations or call it emotional's but of it all I had to define my opportunities. Spiritual/Scriptural, Business/Financial and Emotional writings are my defined opportunities. Every other type of writing- Social, Political etc are Identified Opportunities and not Defined Opportunities.
How you get to know your Defined Opportunities is that you find the strength required to do them and they refine you.
Lets go Scriptural a bit:
If you followed the story of Daniel I was discussing with you last week, you'll discover something great about defining your Opportunity.
Daniel 2:49- Then Daniel requested of the King, and he set Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, over the affairs of the province of Babylon; but Daniel sat in the gate of the king.
All in the verse above happened after he(Daniel) told the king his dream and the interpretation to it. The king made Daniel a great man, gave him many great gifts, made him ruler over the whole province of Babylon and Chief of the governors over all men of Babylon.
Daniel sorted all this opportunities out i.e. he identified his opportunities but out of it all he defined his opportunity! Lets review how he did that.
- He accepted the greatness
- HE accepted the many great gifts
- He rejected ruling over the affairs of the province of Babylon- requesting the King setting Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego
- HE accepted being the Cjief of governors over all the wise men of Babylon
We all need to know that not everything that comes our way shining is an opportunity. It is not all that is gold that glitters.
Daniel identified 4 opportunities but defined 3 of the 4 to be his and they did refine him. How?
Refine according to word-web dictionary means: Improve/Perfect by Polishing.
His defined Opportunities made him work with three administrations/Kingdoms;
- Daniel served as an Advisor or Wise man under King Nebuchadnezzar
- King Belshazzar called on Daniel to interpret the writing on the wall
- HE was one of the three administrator under King Darius
- HE was living during the reign of King Cyrus of Persia but the Bible gives no account or record of his service to that monarch.- i.e He lived long. Even if your defined opportunities will not give you anything, they give you long life!